No water, no draining, no drying! Pouched jackfruit now available to order for wholesale, foodservice and manufacturing customers accross the UK.
What is jackfruit?
- Jackfruit is a whole food, plant-based solution that offers an inherently meaty texture.
- Unlike many meat-alternative products, which are highly processed and require all the additional resources that involves, jackfruit is a natural, whole food option. It is perfect for replacing meat to create delicious meals.
- It is extremely versatile, making it a great template for seasoning and sauces, and will enhance the flavour of any cuisine.
- It’s good for the planet.
- The jackfruit tree thrives organically in its native land, India. It is naturally drought and pest-resistant, requires no artificial irrigation, pesticides, or herbicides to thrive.
- It’s easy to grow, and the fruit itself is huge.
- Harvested before any sugars develop, a single jackfruit tree can produce up to 200 jackfruit per year, and each jackfruit can weigh up to 100 pounds.
- It’s good for us.
- Jackfruit is nutritionally dense. It’s high in sustaining fibre, and low in calories.
Where’s the opportunity?
- Today, 1 in 3 meals eaten by millennials is ‘meat free’.
- 26% of millennials identify as being vegetarian or vegan.
- Whole food plant-based dairy and meat alternatives are growing at double digit rates.
- More and more consumers are seeking options that align with their health, environmental and social values.
- A staggering 92% of plant-based meals consumed in the UK in 2018 were eaten by non-vegans.
- The number of vegans in Great Britain quadrupled between 2014 and 2018.
- More than a quarter of all evening meals in the UK are vegetarian or vegan.
- 35% of British consumers say they make a point of regularly having meat-free days.
- The sign-ups for Veganuary doubled in 2019, with a whopping 250,000 people signing up.
The Jackfruit Company
- Since 2011, The Jackfruit Company has been building ethical and sustainable jackfruit supply chains to introduce this miracle crop to the world.
- They partner directly with growers in India and Vietnam, supporting the livelihoods of over 1000 farming families.
- They provide whole food plant-based meat alternatives that help people cut down on meat consumption, shrink our carbon footprint, and reduce the negative environmental impacts of animal agriculture.
- Company credentials…
- Largest buyer of jackfruit in the world.
- All products produced in facilities with BRC A accreditation.
- The Jackfruit Company is the brand leader in food service and retail in the USA.
- Doubled food service growth in 2018.
- Top 10 meat alternative brands in US within 18 months of launch.
- Solid supply chain through exclusive manufacturing.
- Positioned at the convergence of plant-based food and natural / clean / non-engineered / real food.
Why choose The Jackfruit Company pouch rather than tinned jackfruit?
|The Jackfruit Company pouch||Tinned jackfruit|
|Quality||– Firmer texture giving more ‘bite’.||x Brine/water breaks down the tissue of the jackfruit, negatively affecting the meaty texture.|
|Flavour||– Pouches are sterilised without water resulting in a product that retains meaty texture and absorbs flavours better.||x Tins are heat treated after sealing which ‘cooks’ the jackfruit, absorbing water and reducing the ability to absorb other flavours and ingredients.|
|Resources||– The jackfruit is ready to go straight out of the pouch – saves preparation time.||x Time is wasted opening tins, rinsing and draining.|
|Space||– Less storage space required – no water, no brine – just jackfruit!||x Takes up unnecessary space due to the volume water.|
|Shelf Life||– Ambient. 6 months shelf life. 5 days refrigerated after opening.|
Now available from the following wholesalers:
Buckley & Beale Ltd are the exclusive UK importer and distributor for The Jackfruit Company. The jackfruit pouches are now available for wholesale, food service and manufacturing. Please contact our sales team for more information.